Crystals are more than just pretty stones. Holding them or placing them on your body is thought to positively interact with your energy field or chakra, which can promote physical, spiritual, and emotional healing. But what do you do with crystals? And which types of crystals do you need to achieve the results you’re looking for?
Crystals and What They Do
Crystals are minerals that form with repeating crystalline molecular patterns, which set them apart from regular stones. This crystalline structure can be obvious, such as in a pointed quartz crystal, or microscopic, such as found in smooth stones such as lapis lazuli or turquoise.
Different types of crystals have varying properties or healing abilities. For example, rose quartz has long been known as the love crystal. Wearing rose quartz or keeping a tumbled stone in your pocket can promote self-love, open your heart, deepen friendships, and encourage unconditional love.
What Crystals Do You Need?
There are a few basic healing stones and crystals that are perfect for starting your collection. These include:
- Black tourmaline for protection.
- Clear quartz for balance and healing.
- Citrine for self-esteem and success.
- Amethyst for relaxation and better sleep.
- Smoky quartz for dispersing negativity.
Another good way to start your collection is to invest in chakra stones. Complete a full set of seven stones based on which ones you feel drawn to.
- Crown: Amethyst, diamond, clear quartz, or selenite.
- Third eye: Black obsidian, amethyst, or purple fluorite.
- Throat: Aquamarine, turquoise, or lapis lazuli.
- Heart: Rose quartz, green calcite, green tourmaline, or jade.
- Solar plexus: Calcite, citrine, malachite, or topaz.
- Sacral: Carnelian, citrine, coral, or moonstone.
- Root: Tiger’s eye, bloodstone, hematite, black tourmaline, or fire agate.
Choose tumbled stones or small points if you’re on a budget. You can always invest in larger crystals later. Always use your intuition as a guide and work with the stones that feel right to you.